Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheap Cars for Disabled People

There are a lot of disabled people that cannot work and their only source of income is SSI. As most disable people can attest to, SSI does not exactly pay a lot. Yet disabled people still need to go about their lives like everyone else. One of the major challenges they face is being able to buy a car. Cars are usually not cheap. In fact the cheapest new car would cost at least $10K. This gives the disabled motive to find cheap cars for disabled people.

Of course if you wanted to buy the cheapest car, the best way to go would be to by a used car. You do not want to just buy any old used car though. You want to make sure that the car is reliable and problem free. If you spent a little bit of money for a car but had to pay a lot for repairs, then the purchase would not be worth it. Generally, the most reliable cars would be Japanese cars and some of the American cars are getting better with reliability such as Ford.

You can start your search for cheap cars by going to websites such as Craigslist or Autotrader. Both are free sites where owners list their vehicles for sale. You can search according to the city and also the type of vehicle that you are looking for. These sites usually have both private and dealers selling cars. Usually the private sellers are cheaper than the dealers.

You might also be able to find free cars for disabled people too.  Many people donate cars to organizations.  Try finding a local organization that helps disabled people. A good bet would be to contact a local church. They would most likely try to help out. Your chances are better if you’re a member.

If you are looking for a cheap car, you should at least be prudent in your purchase. Be sure to have it checked out by a trusted mechanic before you buy. Although it may be cheap, you still want to make sure its problem free.

6 comments:

  1. Sir My Name is Javed Iqbal I am from Pakistan Balochistan I am a Disable My one leg are eficted from polio and i can Drive atuomitic car and sir I can not apport car please I need a free car please Help me God will help you
    My Email address. cbo_vdo_washhal@yahoo.com
    Phone Number 0092852208245

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a car small 4 cillender easy on gas or mini van I Have RA and breathing problems,I just cant walk to much any more it gets to me bad! i hurt everyday!I cant afford one i only get 710 amonth !! PLEASE! CAN YOU HELP ME!this is not my pc CALL 1-618-262-8376 THANK YOU!!!


    ReplyDelete
  3. I'AM ON DISABILTY AM LOOKING FOR A AFFORABLE CAR ON MY INCOME IF YOU ALL COULD HELP ME PLEASE CONTACT ME AT lonesomedove_may14th_1956@yahoo.com if you need to reach me by other means i will give details when i hear from you i live in Northern ky thank very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am disabled and my husband is ill also. I am 60 yrs old and have many doctors appointment. Were can I go to get a car. I am on Social Security and can not fit a car into my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous
    I am disabled and I can not afford a car. I need a free car could tell me what organization donate cars. s.civale@live.com 786-306-5806

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM DISABLED AND MY LADY ALSO IS. MY INSURANCE PROVIDES ME WITH TRANSPOTATION.IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND HER RIDES TO HER APPOINTMENTS.WERE NOT ASKI FOR AFREE CAR.WHICH WOULD BE A GODSEND.SOMETHING CHEAP LOW PAYMENTS.RELIABLE DOESNT HAVE TO BE PRETTY. WE ARE ON SSI.WE LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN ESTANCIA.NM PHONE# 505-384-4026 505-550-4660. THANKS FOR READING THIS.

    ReplyDelete