Monday, May 2, 2011

Online Dating Sites for Senior Citizens

My father has been single for many years after my mom died. He was pretty lonely most of the time and never seemed to want to do anything. I figured the only way that he could get his life back on track was if he met someone else to share his time with. I encouraged him to go out and meet some people. I suggested he try the local senior center. He gave it a try but did not seem to meet anyone that he was interested in.

I finally suggested that he try looking for dating sites for senior citizens online. I think by going online through these dating websites, he could home in on the qualities that he really wants in a woman. It would allow him to meet women faster and also he could meet more women too. After doing some research I found several websites that cater to senior citizens.

The number one online dating service for seniors that I found was Senior Friend Finder. This network was the most frequented of all the other dating sites. In fact it has about 400K members all over the world. You can actually browse some of the profiles before signing up. Membership fees for the site were not very high either. There are different membership types with different fees for each but they do not amount to over $40 per month.

Another dating site that I found was SeniorMatch. This website was designed pretty nicely and looked attractive. You have the standard features such as instant messaging, emailing, and posting on forums that is found on Senior Friend Finder. The user base on this site is pretty small though. They only have about 25K members. It seems like it would be kind of hard to find someone on this site.

I also saw some other sites like AgeMatch which boasts a lot of features mentioned above. After much consideration, my dad finally decided to join Senior Friend Finder because it had such a large membership and it would be easier to find someone there. After using it for about a week he has made a few friends there. I advised him to call some of these people before he decides to meet with them. It would be a good idea to really get to know someone before meeting. It seems like my dad has gotten happier after joining the site and I am happy that he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment